Tom Clancy’s The Division was released a few weeks ago on Steam, and the game has enormous Mixed reviews. Players complained the game servers went down at the launch of the game and other critical errors and bugs.
A lot of players are encountering game-breaking issues, and they are unable to play the game. The most common Tom Clancy’s The Division bugs that users reported on the Steam’s Dashboard of the game are Crashes, Game Not Starting, Performance Issues such as Low FPS, FPS Drops, and Stuttering or Freezing, Server Issues, and Disconnection Problems. Additionally, a weird error in which they are unable to change the language from Russian. Reportedly, there have also been issues accessing the accounts and being unable to sync them. This problem pervades even the most famous games like League of Legends, GTA V, etc.
Below I will help you fix all of the errors listed above to start playing the game finally. You’ll find all the issues in the game described to see which one you got and solutions for each of them. And if you already know your bug, you can skip to the solution below and fix it. Must ensure that you read our fix for the game’s major issues; if these solutions do not work, you can find it at the end of the article.
Fix: Tom Clancy’s The Division Errors
1) Tom Clancy’s The Division Crashes, this issue is prevalent; for some players, the game crashes continuously while playing or during the game’s intro. To fix this problem, simply follow the tutorial at the end of the article.
“I can get into the game & play for about 5 minutes or so, and then my game crashes to desktop. I cannot seem to get it to stop doing that. “Please help if anyone has a known way around this.”
“So the game crashed about 5 to 10 secs into playing. I can sit on the menu just fine, but it seems any actual gameplay crashes me.
Running an i7-4790k & SLI 980 Ti(s) With 3 Monitors, One 4k as the main display, and two 1080p.”
“The game crashes halfway through the opening scene or right afterward. Any ideas?”
“Anyone else having an issue with this? Simply opens up, shows the first screen, and then closes out without any bug.”
Solution: You must ensure that you meet the minimum system requirements and have the latest graphic card drivers up-to-date. Afterward, if you still encounter crashes apply our patch to the game; you can find it at the end of the article.
2) Tom Clancy’s The Division Resolution Issue, you probably have issues with the resolution; your game might show on half of the screen. So to fix this, follow the easy solution below.
“Every time I launch the game, I have this unusual resolution issue. The game merely shows on half the screen, and I’m unable to change that. Anyone, can you please help me?”
Press Alt+Enter, and you’ll be in windowed mode. After that, go to the main menu and change the resolution.
You can even change it from the configuration file manually :
1. Go to C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Tom Clancy’s The Division.
2. Find GFXSettings.Rogue_x64.xml
3. Right-click, then choose Edit.
4. Scroll through the settings until you find a resolution
5. Set custom height & width, save, and exit.
3) Tom Clancy’s The Division Russian Language Issue, several players who purchase the game in Russia and regions similar have the game locked only in the Russian language. They cannot change it to English.
“Notice: Purchases made in this region will merely receive the Russian language.
Can I alter the language if I bought the game? I do not want to play the game in the Russian language? In case anyone knows something, please help me!”
“I paid 74 dollars for the full version of the game, rather than a partial product only with the Russian language, what the hell? I cannot play in English?”
“I live in a CIS Region, and I am interested in the Division, but the Steam store page says I’ll only get the game in the Russian language. I don’t speak Russian.”
Solution: The Russian PC Version of the game merely comes in Russian. The console versions come with the complete language pack.
Confirmed information: The Russian version will have some languages available depending on the platform, but English will always be part of it.
We’re sorry for any confusion around the availability of languages on the Russian PC version. Any customers who purchased via Uplay should contact our Support team for more. If you bought the game elsewhere, then please contact your retailer for help.
4) Tom Clancy’s The Division Not Starting, for several gamers, the game will not start, they tap the Play button in the Steam Library, and nothing occurs, or they encounter a black screen during the startup. So to fix this problem, you should try the workaround below.
“The game preload & installation are completed. When I tap Play in Steam, the game never starts. Video drivers are up-to-date, and anti-virus is turned off, restarted the machine, all with no results. And in the library, it says that the game is running, but nothing is going. What did I do?”
“Game won’t launch. Getting sync error. If you skip it, it simply shows a black screen with no signs of activity.”
“Tom Clancy’s The Division Black Screen is a common problem, and I saw ample players complain about it. I even encounter this issue at the startup of the game. Is there something I can do to fix it?”
Workaround: Our patch will fix this problem, and after that, you’ll be able to start the game.
You can try to hit ALT+ENTER, and this should fix the black screen issue.
Additionally, you can try this:
1. Firstly, go to Documents\My Games\Tom Clancy’s The Divison.
2. Now open GFXSettings.Rogue_x64 (back it up before you do)
3. Change the “height” & “width” values to match your resolution.
4. Afterward, change Windowed to Fullscreen.
5. Save & start the game.
5) Tom Clancy’s The Division Server Issues, you probably cannot connect to the server, and you are encountering these errors: Romeo, Delta, & Mike. To fix this, follow the easy solution below
Solution: Must ensure that your internet connection is working and that you can connect to the internet. Besides, make sure that your firewall or antivirus is not blocking the game connect to the server. If these solutions will not help, the issue is with the Ubisoft servers, and you need to wait until they resolve it.
6) In Tom Clancy’s The Division Sound Issues, a few players also complained about sound problems. You can fix them by applying the easy and simple solution below.
1. Firstly Right-tap on the speaker icon in the taskbar
2. Select Playback Devices
3. Tap on your Default Device
4. Open the Properties
5. Switch to the advanced tab
6. Afterward, set the Default Format to 16bit, 48000 Hz (CD Quality)
7) Tom Clancy’s The Division Performance Issues, issues such as Low FPS, FPS Drops, Stuttering, and Freezes are related to the game’s performance, and because of that, you’re encountering them. But the good news is, all of these performance bugs can be fixed with the solution below.
“I just currently purchased a new laptop, and with some games, I am noticing I seem to get a worse frame rate than I did with my previous one. I was under the impression that this one was best, & I also feel like it meets the minimum requirements for the division, but I still merely get about 15 frames on low.”
“I have played in the CBT, and I had little to no performance issues; now, in the OBT, the game runs horribly. Besides, there was a fight with some NPCs in which my fps dropped down to 19. And it barely got up to 30 during the entire fight, while in the CBT, it runs seamlessly with higher settings.
There’s also some weird stuttering while exploring the city.”
“Hey, guys, I am experiencing extremely low fps. Like from 1 to 10 fps. I could play the beta between 30 to 45 FPS. I do now have a small note that I did not restart my PC after installing the new Nvidia drivers & the division. Should I restart my computer or try something else?”
Solution: Well, fix the performance problems, follow the simple workarounds below, or apply our patch.
1. First, turn off Vsync.
2. Use fullscreen instead of windowed or borderless.
3. Now update your graphics card drivers.
4. Avoid needless crowds in the Dark Zone.
5. After respawning, now wait for the world around you to fully load before running off.
The Division Major Issues Fix:
You can see how our patch looks below, where you can even find a tutorial on how to use it and a download link. Please follow the simple solutions step-by-step before asking any queries regarding your issues. Our patch will not interfere with your Steam account; it’ll just change some files and .dll in the game folder to fix the errors.
Follow the easy tutorial below to apply the patch seamlessly and correctly to your game.
How to apply our patch:
1. Quickly download the archive of the patch.
2. Extract the downloaded archive on your computer, and open the patch from the folder.
3. Your GPU will be selected automatically; must ensure you use your dedicated GPU to have a laptop.
4. Select the game executable from the game folder, and if you used the default install folder, it would be: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Tom Clancy’s The Division.”
5. Now select your issue or even issues from the box to the right and tap the corresponding “Fix” button.
6. After your bugs are successfully fixed, you can tap the “Launch Game” button & play the game.
How to download: Well, you probably think that this download service is pretty annoying, but it is beneficial. To download, you need to complete a simple offer; it usually takes a few minutes, and after that, you’ll be able to download the patch. I use this service because it is the only way to support our developers and keep releasing & updating patches for games. Thank you! I hope you understand and have fun playing The Division!
By now, I sincerely hope that you managed to fix your issues and that you’re enjoying the game. So if you have any other queries or problems regarding other matters that I have not mentioned, please comment below.