Minecraft black screen issue is a common error that happens instantly while playing Minecraft on PC. Numerous users have faced this error mostly when they try to log in to the game. It makes your home screen stuck, therefore restricting the smooth function of this game. If you’re a gamer and want to remove this trouble on your system, follow this quick and easy guide.
There are ample factors responsible for this Minecraft black screen issue on the system. The possible culprit is a third-party antivirus program, faulty driver, change in graphics settings, SLI model, 3D display mode, or not supported java archives. The simple and easy way to sort out Minecraft black screen issue is to run the compatibility mode or repair the faulty graphics driver. Besides, the other resolution could be the use of CTRL+ ALT+DEL shortcut. Let’s explore the solutions in detail.
Fix Minecraft Black Screen Issue On Windows 10
Here are easy and straightforward workarounds to fix Minecraft black screen issue on Windows 10.
1. Uninstall third-party antivirus
The working principle of several apps gets affected by the use of third-party antivirus programs. Sometimes it prevents Minecraft or other games from running effectively. So, as a result, the black screen can occur when the play starts on these games.
Furthermore, if you experience Minecraft black screen issue, your first move should be to check your antivirus program. Then look whether this has blocked the Minecraft game or not on your PC. To know this, add Minecraft to the anti-malware exclusions list & check. If you’re sure about the running antivirus blocked the Minecraft, uninstall then reinstall the antivirus program. When performed, try running Minecraft on your PC again.
Follow these simple steps to uninstall the antivirus program:
1. Firstly, open Control Panel and choose the Program & Features category.
2. Now, select the installed antivirus software from the list and press the Uninstall button.
3. Again tap Uninstall to obliterate this program.
Note: You can use the inbuilt Windows Defender app to protect your system from the malicious file’s attack.
If uninstalling the third-party does not help you to solve the problem, try the next workaround.
2. Disable 3D Display Mode feature
If the Minecraft game continues to freeze because of the black screen, the issue might be related to Settings changes. According to several users’ views, disable 3D Display under the Settings app probably solve this nagging issue. Here’s how to proceed:
1. At first, press Win and I shortcut to launch Settings.
2. After that, navigate to the System category.
3. Under the Display section, switch to the right pane. Scroll down and press Advanced display settings.
4. Look for 3D Display Mode & inactivate this feature.
5. Lastly, try to start this tool again and check whether the Minecraft black screen problem has been solved or not.
Note: The 3D Display Mode does not support on every computer. If this option is not available on your system or fails to reconcile the issue, try the next solution.
3. Disable the SLI mode
The SLI feature is a helpful tool to enhance the performance of the system. However, this can lead to different bugs, by using more than one graphics card in SLI mode probably cause Minecraft black screen issue. And to disable the SLI mode can solve this error. Therefore, you can play Minecraft without any interruption.
4. Disable Stereoscopic 3D feature
Ample graphic cards support the Stereoscopic 3D feature; although, few games might not assist this tool. As a result, the issue starts to occur. Once this option is enabled, it leads to Minecraft black screen issue. The perfect solution here to solve this bug is:
Go to the Control panel, then check the installed graphics card on your system. When found, disable the same. Now try to rerun the Minecraft game. I sincerely hope this time there’s no black screen issue.
5. Try using a different file archiver software
This issue can be quickly solved with the use of the Win Zip app. Generally, this issue occurs on the java version of the game. While trying java oriented file, your system must enable the process Unzip that file.
6. Run the game in compatibility mode
Sometimes running the game in compatibility mode even encounter this Minecraft black screen issue on your PC. The compatibility mode is an in-built feature of Windows 10. It is used to run the previous app, which might not be entirely friendly with your Windows OS. Here’s the process to follow-
1. Go to Cortana, then type Minecraft. Again tap on the well-matched to open the file.
2. Right-tap on the same, then select Properties from the context menu.
3. Choose the Compatibility tab, and mark the checkbox against “Run this program in compatibility mode for. “
4. Move the cursor down on the drop-down menu. And choose your preferred version of the OS, then tap on the Apply, hit the OK button.
5. When the task is finished, try to attempt to play Minecraft again. Now check if the issue has been solved.
7. Use Ctrl + Alt + Del shortcut
In case the Minecraft black screen issue continues to stick to your Home Screen, give this shortcut a try. Here’s the complete procedure:
1. Start the Minecraft game as usual.
2. When the black screen pop-ups, press Ctrl + Alt + Del hotkey.
3. Here, tap the Cancel button to go back to the Windows screen.
4. If the home screen of the game pop-ups, play the game without any trouble.
Note: If the above workaround finds useful to you, use this below shortcut when the black screen stuck the game.
8. Run the game with integrated GPU
Most of the PC have both integrated & dedicated in-built graphics. Dedicated graphics always perform better than integrated. Although, if you’re on the dedicated graphics, this may cause the Minecraft black screen issue.
If the issue pops-up due to dedicated graphics, try running Minecraft using your system’s in-built graphics. To do this, make a right-tap on the shortcut and select the option “Run with the graphics processor. “
If this method work indeed, you’ve to use the default graphic for Minecraft and change your Dedicated Graphics asap.
Note: This is only a temporary solution. If the issue gets resolved, this probably come back again on your PC.
9. Reinstall graphics card drivers
Generally, the faulty or obsolete graphics card driver can even cause the Minecraft black screen issue in-game. To solve this problem, you are required to uninstall this driver & reinstall the same again. This process is relatively easy; follow the simple below steps-
1. Press the Win logo and X hotkey to open Start.
2. Now select Device Manager from the list.
3. Afterward, look for the graphics card driver and expand it.
4. Right-tap on the same, then select the Uninstall device option.
5. Tap the Uninstall button again to permit the changes.
6. When the driver is successfully removed, tap on the Scan for hardware changes icon.
7. Now go to the official site of the manufacturer. Here download the latest version of the graphics device driver according to your system architecture.
8. When the process is finished, check if the Minecraft black screen issue is still available or not.
Note: The default settings of the device driver are, by default, not optimized. Thus, this may result in specific issues in your system.
Minecraft black screen issues can be pretty problematic, but these issues are caused by your settings or drivers in most cases. You must now be capable of managing the Minecraft black screen issue using one of our solutions.