Netflix’s programming is restricted to specific regions owing to broadcasting agreements with movie and television studios. This implies that the content available on Netflix varies depending on where you are in the world. Or, to be more precise, where Netflix believes you are. Yes, there are ways to fool Netflix into believing you’re in another country. In this article, we’ll look at how to change your Netflix region and how to watch Netflix from another country. Utilizing a VPN to change the Netflix region is the easiest way to do it. Simply follow our simple step-by-step instructions on how to change your Netflix country, and you’ll be viewing your favorite episodes in no time!
What is the best way to modify Netflix for a region or country?
- Become a Netflix subscriber: If you haven’t already done so, please do so.
- Download and set up a virtual private network (VPN): Select a VPN that allows you to unblock Netflix. We suggest NordVPN, which is now 60% off!
- Connect your VPN to the appropriate server: Select the country where the Netflix material you wish to see is available.
- To access your Netflix account, go to: https://www.netflix.com/login You should be able to access all of the material from the location to which your VPN is connected.
- Grab a bag of popcorn, sit back, and relax!
Why does Netflix offer different material depending on where you are?
Because of copyright rules and fees, Netflix broadcasts different materials in various locations. A film or television studio, for example, often invests millions of dollars in the creation of a film or show. One of the reasons their programming is available on Netflix is that it can help with the repayment of those investments. However, the corporation must get permission in order to stream different types of material in different nations.
And various markets have distinct requirements, so what is exciting in one place may be dull or uninteresting in another. As a result, in certain countries, a tiny audience may not be worth paying a license cost for.
So it all comes down to the talks between Netflix and the studio, as well as what the audience wants. In either case, investing in a VPN service will allow you to effortlessly circumvent these restrictions.
The best VPNs for Netflix region switching
You’ve come to the right place if you’re looking for a VPN that unblocks every Netflix region ever. Here are our picks for the best VPNs for changing Netflix regions:
For good reason, NordVPN is the best VPN for changing Netflix regions. NordVPN’s worldwide server network spans 60 countries and includes over 5,400 servers. If you want to change your Netflix region, you have a lot of options.
It gives you dependable access to Netflix in several countries, including the US, Canada, the UK, Japan, the Netherlands, France, and Italy.
Not only can you use NordVPN to access region-restricted Netflix material, but it can also be used to access BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and other streaming services.
NordVPN’s connections are extremely fast, allowing for seamless, buffer-free viewing of HD and even 4K movies. You may also watch Netflix for as long as you like because NordVPN doesn’t impose any data constraints or bandwidth limits.
The VPN service provided by Surfshark is a fantastic solution for streaming Netflix in another region. It offers over 3200 servers in 65 countries, providing you with lots of alternatives for streaming Netflix material that is region-restricted.
You may use a Surfshark VPN to access a variety of streaming sites, including Amazon Prime and others, in addition to watching country-exclusive Netflix episodes.
Surfshark is equally as fast as its competitors, has excellent security features, and has a Smart DNS function that allows you to overcome content restrictions and stream Netflix on smart TVs, gaming consoles, and other devices.
However, it is Surfshark VPN’s unlimited simultaneous connections that truly distinguishes it. This allows your entire family or group of friends to share a single Surfshark account and simultaneously browse several Netflix libraries.
PrivateVPN, ranked third on our list, offers only about 200 servers worldwide. This isn’t to say it isn’t a suitable option for viewing Netflix while traveling. In fact, while having just a fraction of the servers that its competitors have, these servers are dispersed throughout 63 nations.
It can also let you connect to servers in countries with some of the world’s largest Netflix catalogs, such as the United States, Canada, France, Japan, and the United Kingdom. It may also be used to connect to other streaming services such as Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and other platforms.
4. Atlas VPN
Despite the fact that its main feature isn’t its number of servers, Atlas VPN is a good option for changing Netflix countries. Even though it only has 750 servers in 44 countries, it can nonetheless connect you to multiple Netflix regions with ease. There was no lag, and I was able to access all of the overseas destinations that we tried.
Not only can you watch Netflix and chill with Atlas VPN, but you can also unblock YouTube, BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, Hulu, and more services.
On your device, how do you change the Netflix region?
Changing the Netflix region on a device other than your computer may be different. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here are some of our instructions for changing the Netflix region on different devices:
- On Android, change the Netflix region.
- On the iPhone, change the Netflix region.
- Change the Netflix region on your television.
- Roku’s Netflix region may be changed.
- On Xbox, change the Netflix region.
- On the PS4/PS5, change the Netflix region.
On Android, how can I change the Netflix region?
Do you want to stream geo-restricted films on your phone? On Android, here’s how to change the Netflix region:
- Download a VPN from the Google Play Store (we recommend NordVPN, which is currently 60% off).
- Go to your new VPN account and sign in.
- Select the nation to which you want to connect.
- Check to see whether the location of your Netflix movie has changed.
On the iPhone, how can I change the Netflix region?
If you wish to change the Netflix region on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Download a VPN from the App Store (our top pick for the iPhone is NordVPN, which is currently 60% off).
- To log into your account, enter your username and password.
- Select the server for the nation to which you wish to connect.
- Check with Netflix to see if the Netflix location has shifted.
How can I change the Netflix region on my television?
If you have a modern smart TV, it is almost certainly running on Android. Changing the Netflix location on your smart TV, in such an instance, is quite straightforward. To get your favorite programmes up and running, simply follow these steps:
- Sign up for a reputable VPN service (our top recommendation for Netflix is NordVPN, which is currently 60% off).
- Locate and install your VPN on the Google Play Store.
- Log in to your current account and select your preferred region.
- Open Netflix and pick the country which you want to watch content from.
On Roku, how can I change the Netflix region?
Using a VPN to change the Netflix region on Roku is a little more difficult, but it’s still possible. To change your Netflix location on Roku, follow these instructions:
- Select a VPN. NordVPN is our #1 pick, and it’s now 60% off.
- Install a VPN on your router or share a VPN connection with another device through WiFi.
- To view Netflix, choose your favorite region.
- Connect your Roku to the internet through WiFi.
- Open Netflix and watch it from any location.
On Xbox, how can I change the Netflix region?
If you’re watching Netflix on Xbox, follow this tutorial to change the Netflix region:
- Choose the best Netflix VPN service. NordVPN has great Netflix compatibility.
- Install the VPN on your router or share the VPN connection with another device through Wi-Fi.
- To view Netflix, choose your favorite region.
- Connect your Xbox to the internet through WiFi.
- Open Netflix and watch it from any location.
On the PS4 and PS5, how can I change the Netflix region?
Here’s how to change the Netflix region on your PS4 or PS5 so you can watch material from anywhere around the world:
- Get a virtual private network (VPN) subscription.
- Install a VPN on your router; we recommend NordVPN, which offers a 60% discount.
- Share your VPN connection with another device over WiFi.
- Select a VPN server in the Netflix region of your choice.
- Connect your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 to a VPN-protected network.
- Open Netflix and start watching.
Is it allowed to change the region of Netflix?
Yes. In most countries, it is now legal to use a VPN to watch Netflix. Only if you use it in a nation where VPNs are prohibited, such as Russia, Iran, or China, may this cause you problems. Apart from that, using a VPN to view any website, including Netflix and other streaming services, is legal.
Using a VPN to stream Netflix material in another country is technically against Netflix’s guidelines. However, this does not make it unlawful. And even if you are caught, there should be no cause for concern. Even after continuous use of VPNs, Netflix does not have a policy of aggressively taking down accounts. After all, even if the user is accessing content from another nation, they are still paying for their Netflix membership.
Netflix may be able to identify if you’re using a VPN on occasion. If it occurs, you’ll see a notice telling you that you won’t be able to stream anything until you disconnect your VPN. As a result, you won’t be able to watch anything on Netflix’s international edition, but you won’t suffer any other major penalties. And if you’re having trouble watching Netflix with your VPN, we’ve got some tips and tricks for you lower down.
If you’re considering using a VPN to watch Netflix, you might be concerned about copyright infringement. However, you do not need to be concerned about this. While Netflix has agreements in place with copyright holders that limit it to showing certain content in specific places, it is up to Netflix to enforce those agreements. You may still view it regardless of where you are (if you know how).
Without a VPN, how can I change the Netflix region?
If you don’t want to use a VPN and want to change your Netflix region to watch restricted material that isn’t accessible in your country, you may use a proxy service. However, keep in mind that a proxy does not encrypt your data, making it far less safe. If your online privacy is vital to you, changing your Netflix location using a trusted VPN provider is a must.
Using a proxy service isn’t the only way to avoid having to use a VPN to access multiple Netflix libraries. While none of them encrypts your data and keeps you safe, here are some other options for changing your Netflix region:
Smart DNS is a type of DNS service that allows you to It works similarly to proxies, with the exception that your IP address remains the same. A proxy server, unlike a VPN, requires manual configuration, which means you’ll have to enter DNS server addresses manually.
This is a proxy website. They’re typically free, but they’re not as safe as a VPN. In truth, free proxies can track your activities and sell your information to third parties. Because they’re free, anybody may use them, which might lead a server to become overburdened and sluggish.
Getting cloud servers and VMS, or virtual private servers, are less practical alternatives to watching Netflix without a VPN. Keep in mind, however, that some solutions need a little more technical understanding. If you don’t have any experience in this area, VPNs or proxy services are more convenient and less expensive options.
Is it possible to alter Netflix’s region using a DNS proxy?
Yes, you may change Netflix’s region using a smart DNS proxy. Smart DNS enables you to access blocked streaming services while keeping your IP address hidden. A VPN can keep you private and safe, while a DNS proxy has less of an influence on your Internet performance.
It’s also worth mentioning that a Smart DNS proxy is set up manually. This means you’ll have to alter your device’s settings and establish the servers manually. A VPN, on the other hand, can provide a more smooth experience because all you have to do is select a server and click on it.
While a DNS proxy may have a smaller influence on speed, a good VPN service will have no discernible effect on your speed. As a result, a VPN is a safer and more convenient option.