Procore is a web-based construction management solution. Construction professionals can use Procore’s cloud-based project management tools to make sure high-quality projects are done on time and under budget. Procore is a construction software tool that combines traditional features like project scheduling and task tracking with the power of the Internet. You can send automatic emails, share web-based documents, and store digital photos with this tool. You’ve probably heard of procore pricing if you work in the construction sector. The firm was supposedly valued at $5 billion and on the verge of going public as of mid-2022.
The Best Procore Pricing, Reviews, Features & More 2022
It’s the leader in the construction management software field and hosts a huge annual construction conference called Groundbreak. If you’re a small business seeking construction management aid, this might be scary — but if you’re a larger firm dealing with complicated projects, it can ensure you’re working with software that can handle your demands. But what exactly does Procore have to offer, and is it right for your company? In this review, we’ll look at Procore’s features as well as the rest of the program.
The Construction Management software from Procore comes with a single annual license that allows for an infinite number of users (no per-user seat license). You may add as many project team members as you need, including project managers, architects, engineers, and other professionals. This application will maintain correct and up-to-date work schedules, handle RFIs, preserve full records of all team interactions, coordinate change orders and punch lists, and make it easier for superintendents to keep accurate daily logs. All of this is accessible through a single web-based gateway. Because of the flat-rate, per-project procore pricing, you may be able to work on bigger or smaller projects without having to spend more money.
Who is Procore designed for?
Procore is a project management solution for construction managers that have a lot on their plate and want more than a standard project management tool. This feature-rich platform has a steep learning curve and is best suited to more experienced construction managers with larger teams, but if you’re prepared to put in the effort (and can afford the price tag), you’ll love Procore’s strong features. Procore is a great option if your conventional construction management software isn’t cutting it anymore and you need a lot more flexibility and customization.
Project Management with Procore
Procore’s project management feature allows you to manage many projects while maintaining complete visibility. The program gives real-time updates, allowing field and office personnel to stay connected and track current progress, reducing rework and improving total job margins. The program allows you to save key designs so that everyone on your team is aware of the work that has to be done. Submittals, RFIs, punch lists, photographs, and more will be accessible to all users.
- Daily Log
- Emails, Meetings, Photos
- Punch Lists
- Schedule and Specifications
Bidding for Quality and Safety at Procore
Quality and Safety, a Procore site safety management feature, lets your company focus on getting the job done while minimizing risk. Procore Quality and Safety keeps track of data to assist in enhancing the quality of work and the safety of procedures. Your mobile device can access logs, checklists, and forms, allowing you to audit, examine, and record daily events for a higher-quality bid in a more risky setting, so you can make a better offer.
- Daily Log
Construction Procore Financials
Procore’s Construction Financials module connects your back office with your field employees and management. This allows project teams to keep track of expenditures in real-time. Without having to wait till they return to the office or even run month-end reports, project managers may see where they stand in terms of project expenditures. Workers may submit change orders from the field and take necessary action to reduce the risk of using mobile access.
- Change Events
- Change Management
- Contract Management
- Cost Management
Procore construction management has practically every feature a manager could want – to the point of becoming overwhelmed. Procore refused to let us check out the program, claiming that demos are tailored to the demands of each individual customer. As a result, this review is based on how many tutorials and videos they have. A few characteristics will be particularly appealing to general contractors, subcontractors, architects, and others. Procore is your one-stop shop for construction project management. This product is broken down into numerous pages, each with its own set of features and information.
The following are the pages:
- Project Home: The Project Home page shows you the status of your current projects in a dashboard format. RFIs, change orders, construction project management activities, and punch list items will all be visible on this dashboard. Furthermore, Procore tries to make software and information that helps you instead of confuses you. They want to help you get a project management system that not only collects data but also manages it well. Finally, the Project Home Page will display the tasks scheduled for that day, allowing you to keep track of each project on a daily basis.
- Communication: The Communication tab allows you to keep track of any project-related e-mail communications. If you already have an e-mail account, Procore will work with it to keep track of and organize all important correspondence. Every project in the system is assigned its own e-mail address. Simply mention this email address when you talk about your project. Procore will be able to store and archive all of your correspondence in one safe place. Procore will automatically group your emails into threads, like on a message board. Procore also allows you to conduct an e-mail search across all of a project’s e-mails. Procore will operate with whatever email system you already have, whether it’s web-based software like Hotmail, Gmail, or Microsoft Outlook.
- RFIs: Procore will help you manage your RFIs while also introducing openness and accountability to the process. Every project at Procore uses e-mail to document and manage RFIs. Members of your staff or contractors may quickly create RFIs. They are then sent and allocated to a member of the project team. Procore can provide a distribution list of the people affected by the RFI, in addition to the person accountable for shutting it down. Procore also has regular automated reminders to help you stay on track with your RFI process.
- Change Orders: The Change Orders screen allows you to make changes to any order in the system while keeping track of all previous modifications (and whom they were made).
- The Punch List panel allows you to instantly approve items, make comments on any item, and check who has approved items.
- Calendar: The Calendar screen allows you to examine all tasks submitted into a project schedule in a totally personalized way. The construction project schedule is shown in a calendar view in Procore, which can be seen every day, every week, or every month. Individual project tasks are depicted as bars inside the schedule, with the task name, resources assigned, and start and finish dates displayed. Drilling down on any job will take you to the Task Detail page, where you may alter the elements for that task. Users of Procore will be asked to explain why they changed the scheduling task data when one of the data points is changed.
- Daily Log: Using the power of the Internet, Proure’s Daily Log screen allows your project managers to keep track of what is happening on job sites each day. Weather reports for your job sites will be automatically logged and archived on the Daily Log screen. Using the project schedule, you can add the planned tasks for that day to the Daily Work Log. Then, the work log gives your project management the power of automation by putting the tasks in there for you.
- Reports: The Reports tab displays a summary report of your projects, tracks all updated requests, and provides a complete history of any schedule changes. Reports may be generated for any time period.
- Images: In Procore, the Project Images tab is where you can save and view digital photographs associated with a project. Procore provides limitless storage as well as online photo access.
- Documents: The Procore Documents page allows you to save and read any type of document. You can keep an endless number of papers with online access to photographs, just as you do with the images page.
- Job Cost: On the Job Cost page, you can get an overview of job costs as well as committed expenses for each project. You may also go into each transaction’s specifics to see what goes into even the tiniest line items.
Procore has a number of reporting templates available, or you may build your own report from the beginning by selecting data points. Drag and drop particular data points into the report before generating it. To get even more specific, you may filter the data by various criteria and assignees. There’s almost no limit to how specific these reports may be and how much you can mix and match different data elements, which is a big selling point for this product.
Management of documents
Procore has unlimited cloud storage, which is a good thing because many other software options either limit how much space they have or charge extra for it. Individual files and folders may be tracked, and you’ll get an email if they’re updated or removed. You can also quickly explore this feature by heading to “things you’re tracking,” which displays exactly what it says. You may also make private folders that are only visible to users with particular permissions.
Management of tasks
You may give tasks to others using Procore’s task tool, or you can construct your own to-do list. You fill out a short form that asks for information about the assignee, due date, description, and status. You can also attach files and photographs, categorize them, and adjust the priority number to guarantee that chores are completed in the order of significance.
The user-friendliness of Procore
Procore’s construction management method makes a lot of sense, but there is a learning curve, so we recommend taking their long training course to get the feel of it. You’ll have complete control over your project once you figure it out, with several strong tools at your disposal. Whether you’re a general contractor, a subcontractor, an architect, a supervisor, an engineer, or a student, your Procore experience will differ based on your function. The software is divided into two architectural levels: corporate and project. Instead of showing all of your firm’s projects, the company level shows only the ones you’re a part of.
This makes it simple to switch between projects on your dashboard. To go to the project level of a project, click on it. This leads you to a project overview, which indicates who’s on the project team (including contact information), as well as Procore scheduling, which shows when crucial milestones like submittals and inspections are due, as well as whether they’re overdue. This section also has a list of things that you haven’t done yet and need to do. This is your “to-do” list.
On the right, a column displays the project address as well as the current weather conditions. Others in the drop-down menu show you recently changed items, the project timeline, project milestones, and other important information. Aside from that, the UI isn’t the most user-friendly, but you’ll get used to it. You can navigate to a specific project and project tool by using the drop-down menus at the top of the dashboard. The Project Directory makes it simple to manage projects. You may create new projects and users, as well as alter existing rights. The Procore app is especially great because it lets you see how the project is going and get pictures from the job site. It’s compatible with both Android and iOS.
Make no mistake: procore pricing is an expensive program. The cheapest option starts at $375/month if your organization does less than $3 million in construction volume per year — and that’s if you sign up for a year. That is only true for the procore pricing software’s construction project management version. On an annual contract, it will cost you $549 a month if you want the money management side as well. To get a custom procore pricing, you can also make a package that includes resource management and preconstruction.
These costs include unlimited users, documents, photos, and data as well as full customer service. Fortunately, this is good news. Because many firms charge per user or limit the number of jobs you can have, depending on your organization, procore pricing may wind up being the most cost-effective alternative. If you want to check out the program before buying it, you must first contact a member of Procore’s sales staff, so it isn’t as straightforward as filling out a form and logging in. This may, however, be beneficial for construction managers who require some initial guidance.
Procore, unlike many other software companies, puts its phone number right at the top of its website, unlike many other software companies. A call to that number was answered nearly immediately by a member of the customer service staff. You’ll also get free customer service after you sign up for the software. This is a significant benefit, as many developers charge extra for it or don’t provide it at all.
Support.procore.com has a lot of information about the software, including articles on how to start using it, so go there for help. They also provide webinars, a Procore training video collection, and a Procore community where you may get assistance from other users.
The focus of Procore project management is on functionality. It’s a sophisticated technology that tries to elevate a well-run construction company to the next level. This program is jam-packed with capabilities, which is why Procore is undoubtedly the most well-known name in construction management software. And just because it’s unsuitable for beginners or tech newbies doesn’t mean you can’t learn it.
The firm provides a library of short yet useful training films, as well as customer assistance. Of course, such bundles come with a premium price tag, but Procore more than earns the right to charge that much for what it provides.
Procore is effective, but it isn’t for everyone
The final truth is that software like Procore is difficult to grade. For a construction manager with a large staff that needs robust tools to handle all of their business’s moving elements, this may be a five-star platform. This product, however, would not make sense for a subcontractor consisting of a father and son who are only seeking a few basic project management tools owing to the hefty price tag and all of the functions they are unlikely to use.
If you’re not sure, fill out a demo request form on Procore’s website and let them walk you through the process to determine if it’s a good fit for you. Then take a look at some of the building software solutions we’ve looked at and try out some more demonstrations to see if you can find a better fit. You won’t know unless you give them a go.
Procore frequently asked questions
Is it simple to utilize Procore?
While I wouldn’t say Procore’s expertise (features) is the simplicity of use, that doesn’t mean it’s a difficult platform to use. You should be able to figure it out quite quickly after watching the training videos and testing the program yourself. Your plan also includes customer service to assist you with onboarding.
Is there any help available from Procore?
Your plan comes with customer support, which includes training for new users and helps with technical problems that arise. Procore’s website also has a wealth of information about how to use the program and how to get the most out of its capabilities.
Is Procore a costly program?
Procore pricing is a feature-rich construction management solution that can handle large projects and includes customer assistance in procore pricing. It starts at $375 per month.