Despite the fact that Google Search’s dark mode looks fantastic, not everyone will appreciate it. Here’s how to disable Google Search’s dark mode on mobile devices and desktops if you’d rather conduct your searches in a lighter theme. Quick Settings may be accessed to quickly disable dark mode on Google.
How to Turn Off Dark Mode on Google
If you later change your mind, you may easily activate the mode once more.
Disable Dark Mode on Google Desktop Search.
- Open your web browser and go to the Google website to turn off dark mode on your PC, Mac, Linux, or Chrome computer.
- Click “Settings” on the bottom-right side of the Google website.
- After selecting “Settings,” a menu will appear; choose “Search Settings.”
- On the “Search Settings” page, you will be taken. Click “Appearance” on the left sidebar here.
- Turn on the “Light Theme” option in the “Appearance” box on the right. This switches on light mode and turns off dark mode.
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the “Appearance” box to save your settings.
- A popup saying “Your Preferences Have Been Saved” will appear. Press “OK.”
- The end of that. Now that the light theme has been activated, you are back on the Google homepage. Enjoy!
Easy Steps to Turn off Dark Mode on Google Mobile Search
- Open your web browser and go to the Google website to turn off dark mode on your iPad, iPhone, or Android device.
- Tap the hamburger-style menu (three vertical lines) in Google’s top-left corner.
- Open the menu and choose “Settings.”
- Enable the “Light Theme” option on the “Search Settings” page’s “Appearance” section.
- Scroll to the bottom of the “Search Settings” page to save your changes. Then select “Save.”
- In the “Your Preferences Have Been Saved” window, select “OK.”
- Your preferred search engine has now returned to light mode. Have fun surfing!