The best thing about technology today is that you can take photos and videos from your smartphone and store them safely in the cloud.
If anything happens to your mobile device, you know your memories are kept safe. Like many, you also might wonder how to transfer photos from iPhone to Google Drive or download videos from Google Drive to iPhone. We’re going to look at answering these queries and how to keep your memories safe & organized.
Nowadays, we take pictures of everything. Not just the best times we want to remember. It could be your shopping list, the masterpiece dinner you cooked, even where you parked your car. Additionally, there are the photos that folks send you, and you want to keep. Before you know it, you have hundreds of pictures and no storage left on your iPhone. It is time for a cleanup.
How to transfer images from iPhone to Google Drive
Difference between Google Drive and Google Photos
It can be confusing as both are apps from Google that will manage photos. When you enable your iPhone to sync with Google Photos, you’ll have an additional gallery on your mobile where you can effortlessly organize & backup pictures. Besides, photos that you take are then automatically reflected in Google Photos.
Google Drive is a cloud storage service that enables you to upload photos, videos, and numerous other sorts of files. You have 15BG of free storage with your Google account, shared across Google Drive, Gmail, & Google Photos. Although you chose to upload photos and videos in Google’s high-quality format, you have unlimited storage.
What are the advantages of transferring photos from iPhone to Google Drive?
1. If you choose the High-Quality upload, you have unlimited storage;
2. Google High-Quality compresses and reduces the size of your photos to 16Mp with little or no difference in image quality;
3. It creates GIFs and Stories;
4. Google is powered by the latest AI and enables you to search for things in images;
5. With deep-learning abilities, it recognizes faces;
6. Everything uploaded onto Google Drive is easily accessible from any device;
7. Sharing photos & videos with other people is easy.
How to upload photos to Google Drive from iPhone
The procedure is the same for iPads and iPhones:
1. From your device, firstly, open your Google Drive App;
2. Sign-in if you are not already;
3. Click on the “+” button;
4. Select “Upload”;
5. It’ll take you to your gallery, and you can begin to select the photos & videos that you want to store in your Google Drive;
6. When you have chosen all the files, tap on “Upload.”
If you want an alternative method from your Apple laptop or desktop, you can tap on this link. It will open your Google Drive account. You can drag and drop videos, photos, and folders you’ve created to upload from your PC.
How to download video from Google Drive to iPhone
In some cases, you probably want to do things the other way around. The process is also straightforward and is the same for videos and photos.
Before you proceed, make sure you have the Google Photos app installed on your iPad or iPhone. You can download it here. Also, you will need to make sure that you have syncing enabled.
1. Open the Google Drive app from your iPhone or iPad;
2. Tap on the Menu or Settings button;
3. Select Google Photos and turn on “Auto Add”;
4. Select the “Back” button;
5. Now open your Google Photos app and select the photo, video, or folder you want to download;
6. Select “Download.”
And if you wish to download all of your videos & photos, tap on the three vertical dots, choose “Select all,” and then “Download.”
The Google Photos app will tell you the status of your video and photo upload. It is one of the simplest ways to find out what the problem might be. You can open your Google Photos app and click on your account profile from your iPhone or iPad. You may see messages like:
Backup is off – You need to permit syncing by switching Backup to on;
Waiting for connection or waiting for Wi-Fi –It is always best to start the process when you have a strong and reliable internet connection;
Preparing Backup – This is frequent when you have selected a large number of videos or photos.
When the backup is complete, you’ll be notified it has been successful.
Sometimes, you have to check how much storage your have left available and whether you have Original or High-Quality uploads selected. Remember, if you upload photos and videos in their original format, those will take up part of your 15GB storage space. Tap here to check how much storage space you have available and to change your settings.
Dear Readers, no matter which way you look at it, Google Photos & Google Drive are essential for everyday smartphone life. Once you have learned how to upload photos to Google Drive from the iPhone, you’ll have access to an excellent range of features to help you share & organize all of your memories.
As there’s no considerable difference between the image quality when you choose High-Quality upload, we highly recommend this option for unlimited storage of your photos & videos.