How to Check Your iPhone’s Blocked Messages. We find, test, review, and suggest the best products on our own. As an Amazon Associate, we get paid when we buy things that qualify. But this doesn’t change the advice that our writers give.
How to View Blocked Messages on Iphone?
Is it possible to get texts back from someone you stopped talking to? “Yes and no” are both right answers. It means you can unblock blocked contacts at any time to receive their text messages. But you can’t look at messages sent or received during the blocked time because iPhones won’t let you. So let’s look at all the ways to see blocked texts on an iPhone.
How to easily look at blocked messages on an iPhone by going to Settings
- When you want to know how to see blocked messages on the iPhone, it’s usually because you changed your mind about the person or blocked them by mistake.
- Apple made it very easy to block or unblock someone on the iPhone.
- Once you block a number from the list of people who can message you, that number can no longer send you a message.
- You can also block a number from calling you in the same way.
- But there are times when we need to know how to look at blocked messages on an iPhone.
- For example, it’s easy to accidentally block someone without knowing it.
- Or you may have decided to give the people on the list a second chance.
Can you see some of these blocked messages on your iPhone in either case?
You can, but you have to unblock the number first. Here’s how to check your iPhone for messages that have been blocked.
How to check iPhone messages that have been blocked.
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and press the Messages button.
- Find the section called “Blocked Contacts” and click on it.
- You can see a list of the blocked contacts there.
- To see the Unblock option, choose and slide to the left.
- Then tap to let iPhone messages through.
To unblock a phone contact, do the following:
- Go to your iPhone’s settings.
- Find the Phone tab by scrolling down.
- Inside, tap on Blocked Contacts.
- Slide left to get to Unblock. All done.
How to Block Text Messages on an iPhone
We’ve looked up how to check and see blocked messages on an iPhone, but how do you block spam or other texts on your iPhone in the first place? Every day, we get prank messages, scam texts, and texts that try to sell us messages that we don’t need. So it’s very helpful if you can block them with just a few touches. This is how:
- Go to the iPhone’s settings.
- Then click on “Messages.”
- Tap the Blocked Contacts button.
- Then tap “Add New” and choose a contact to block from the list.
To block messages from people you don’t know
- On your iPhone, open the Messages app.
- Tap on the message whose sender you want to block.
- Select the sender’s profile at the top of the page.
- Next, tap the section called “Info.”
- The last step is to tap and confirm blocking this caller.
How to Block Senders on an iPhone
The Messages app on an iPhone lets users sort messages from unknown senders into different groups. It’s an easy way to organise the texts you get, which makes the job so much easier.
Here’s how to block text messages from unknown senders on an iPhone.
- Open the iPhone’s settings.
- Go to Messages by scrolling down.
- Inside is a section called “Filter Unknown Senders.” Just switch it on. The end.
To see filtered texts, open the Messages app on your iPhone and look in the top right corner.
Can iPhone messages that have been blocked be retrieved?
If you wanted to know how to get back messages that you blocked on your iPhone, the answer is that you can’t. Unfortunately, there is no blocked folder or other place to put messages from restricted senders while they are blocked. So, if you block a number at some point, you won’t get any more texts from that number, no matter how many they send.
That’s kind of the point of blocking someone, isn’t it?
But if you want to get messages from blocked connections, you can easily unblock them by using one of the methods above. You’ll get all the messages after that. It’s not possible to get back blocked messages on an iPhone, but you can get back deleted messages on an iPhone with an iCloud or iTunes backup.
With this easy-to-understand guide on how to see blocked messages on an iPhone, you can now easily block, unblock, and filter text. Get rid of messages from people you don’t know or only let certain people see them, and keep your iPhone messages organised and prioritised.