Social media is notorious for gathering user data in order to construct a possible consumer profile that businesses may target with advertisements. This includes sharing location information from your own phone, whether it’s an Android or an iPhone. This group includes Facebook. Setting up your location on Facebook allows you to stay in touch with friends and family, as well as locate a new date. In the meantime, you’re enabling the data to be shared with potential marketers, such as a marketplace vendor. Is there anything we can do to safeguard ourselves, such as changing Facebook’s location? Yes, of course. In this article, we will go over the ways how to change location on Facebook.
Part 1: Facebook’s Location-Based Services
Facebook’s location services allow users to select their preferred location, such as home or work. This allows the Facebook app to automatically present users with information such as nearby friends, relevant adverts, and local business locations, identify places nearby, and search for wi-fi providers based on their location.
Users may see the following information set out even before they can download the app onto their phones, indicating that the app may use the data supplied on the app to monitor users, as well as users’ location information even when the app is not in use, as shown in the photos below.
However, location services may be necessary for users to use when on Facebook in order to fully utilize all of the features, such as sharing a picture or video, utilizing the dating services, and accessing the Facebook marketplace. Next, we’ll look at ways to make the most of location services while protecting sensitive data.
Part 2: Changing Your Facebook Location
1. On Facebook, change your check-in location.
You may add a precise location to a status or post on your Facebook profile to let others know where you are. This may alert others to your present position, which may be inconvenient for some. How can you modify your Facebook check-in location if you don’t want to share your exact location for privacy concerns or for any other reason? It doesn’t get much easier than this. The good news is that Facebook allows users to check in to a certain area even if they are not physically present.
Facebook’s Check-in feature allows users to easily add, edit, or remove check-in locations from a prior or current post. The user can opt-out of checking in at the current location and search for a new one manually in the search field.
The following is a step-by-step tutorial for changing your Facebook check-in location:
1. Start a new post or return to an existing one.
2. To edit an existing post, click “…” in the upper right corner and select “Edit Post.” Then select the location symbol from the drop-down menu. You can see the “check-in” symbol for a new post right away.
3. After clicking the location icon, choose or manually enter a new location. Finally, save the modifications.
2. Modify your location on Facebook Dating.
Users may search for acceptable profiles for dates within a 100-mile radius of their specified region using Facebook Dating. Because Facebook Dating is mostly a location-based function, users may question how to alter their location on Facebook Dating to find additional individuals who aren’t simply inside the pre-set boundary. Changing the location might provide consumers with more alternatives for discovering great mates.
Changing your location isn’t difficult with the following set of actions, whether you’re a new user testing out the dating feature or have already joined Facebook Dating. When you pick the dating service, you may be prompted to enable location services, which is unavoidable; if you do, the app will establish your profile with the selected location and propose prospective matches within a 100-mile radius. As illustrated in the photographs above, once you’ve joined Facebook Dating, you may choose to turn off, add, or update your location.
Simply follow the instructions below to update or verify your Facebook dating location:
1. Open your Facebook app and go to “Dating.”
2. Click the pencil icon to edit your profile after selecting your profile photo.
3. Click “Save” after selecting “Dating location” and “Update Dating Location.”
3. Change the location of your Facebook Marketplace listing.
Within its default app, Facebook provides a variety of services to its users, one of which is the Facebook Marketplace. With the Marketplace, buying and selling things has never been easier. It does, however, work on data collection and requires the users’ location. Regardless of whether you have supplied a permanent or temporary address, you must submit your current address in order to receive postings in your immediate area, saving you time and effort. It is simple to add, amend, or remove a location from the marketplace.
Simply choose the Marketplace and click the location, then add or remove the location as needed. The listings will be changed to the new location instantly, and you may enjoy exploring them.
Follow these instructions on any device to alter the location in the Facebook Marketplace for selling or purchasing the things you’re looking for:
1. Select “Marketplace” from your news feed. Select the location symbol from the drop-down menu below the filters.
2. Type in your ideal or present location, as well as the distance you’re willing to go to get there.
3. When you click “Apply,” you’ll get a list of appropriate search possibilities.
Part 3: The Best Facebook Location Change Tool
So far, changing your Facebook location does not appear to be difficult. However, other users just claim that they are unable to modify their Facebook location for whatever reason. Although the main reason is difficult to uncover, there is something we can do to address the issue. In this circumstance, we may seek assistance from third-party location spoofing programs, the most popular of which is TailorGo.
TailorGo is a sophisticated location-changing tool that aims to give a complete answer to a variety of location-related concerns. TailorGo consistently satisfies the expectations of customers when it comes to shifting locations, from famous AR games like Pokemon Go to major social applications like WhatsApp.
Facebook Location Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I update my current Facebook location?
If you haven’t switched off your location settings, you may notice that the location is already there when you launch the Facebook app. Follow the procedures below if you want to alter the current location:
1. Open the Facebook app and go to your profile to make changes. 2.
2. The location information may be seen in the “Details” section. It should be tapped.
3. Make any changes you want to the “Current City.” Then make a note of the modification.
Why is my Facebook location incorrect?
For the majority of the time, Facebook tries to navigate and detect the user’s actual position. However, there are certain cases where the position is just approximated, so Facebook does not reveal the precise location. This might happen for a variety of reasons:
- The user has given false information about his location.
- The user may not have logged off from a prior location that is still saved, resulting in the incorrect current location being shown.
- If you suspect an intruder, consider logging out and changing your password.
If you have any questions about your present location, contact Facebook Help for more information.
In a nutshell, we’ve outlined many methods for changing a user’s location on Facebook using both Facebook’s native feature and the third-party tool TailorGo. If you’re having problems altering your Facebook location, use TailorGo’s one-stop solution, and you’ll be happy with the results.