As we know, Microsoft has a decades-old history of frequently updating Windows with various improvements & patches. It released a security update earlier this month for its Windows 2004, 1909, and 1903 version known as the KB4565351 and KB4566782 updates.
Furthermore, it is believed that the update has resulted in serious problems leading to error code 0x800f08a. And while installing the update, users are getting an irritating message saying that there’s a problem in installing some of the updates, and we’ll try again later.
As a result, users can’t complete and download the latest security updates on their Windows 10 devices. If you face similar problems, here’s a quick workaround for you to fix all the problematic areas related to the error code 0x800f08a on your Windows 10.
How To Fix Error Code 0x800f08a? | Simple Solutions
Use the below-mentioned methods or workarounds to solve the error 0x800f08a on your Windows 10 device easily & quickly. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
1. Use Windows Update Troubleshooter to Quickly Solve the Issues
Are you bothered with the Windows update related issues that pops-up on your screen from nowhere? Then run the Update Troubleshooter to fix & resolve the problem in no time. Our step-by-step guide will help you do it.
1. Start the Settings app by pressing jointly the Windows + I key on your keyboard.
2. Now from the Settings Windows, select Update & Security tab.
3. Afterward, in the left-panel lookout for the Troubleshoot option, then open it.
4. For the list of options that appears in the left panel, select the “Additional Troubleshooter” button.
5. Expand the Windows Update option and tap on the “Run The Troubleshooter” option.
6. Now, wait until the process gets over.
7. After that, restart your device, then try installing the updates again to see if the issues persist.
2. Reset the Windows Update Components
Problematic areas inside the update components can even result in error 0x800f08a on Windows 10. It becomes crucial to repair the updated database in such scenarios if you want to download it successfully. You can do it by following the simple steps mentioned below.
1. Firstly, press the Window +Q key on your keyboard, then type cmd to access the Command Prompt Window on your device.
2. Now from the right-hand panel, tap on “Run as administrator.”
3. Enter the below commands in the windows & press enter after each command. Doing this will assist you in closing some services from running.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
4. And the next step is to rename the Catroot2 & Software Distribution folder; enter the below commands and hit enter after each.
ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
5. Now it is time to rerun the services that you had earlier closed. To do so, use the below commands.
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
The solutions mentioned above will solve all the update related issues for you. Although, if the problem still exists, you can move on to try out the next solution.
3. Resolve the Error Code x800f08a on Windows 10 by Cleaning WinSxS
Well, cleaning up the WinSxS folder also provides an easy way to fix the error code 0x800f08a. Follow a few easy and simple steps; then, you’ll be capable of downloading the updates on your device.
1. Launch the Run window by jointly pressing the Win+R key.
2. Now, hit the Ctrl+Shift+Enter key to access the Command Prompt on your device.
3. After that, against the blinking cursor, type command “dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup” and press Enter.
4. It will activate the DISM option, which will scan and repair all the folder’s problematic areas.
5. Now, wait for the process to complete.
6. Restart your PC, then check if you can download the updates.
4. Make Use of System Restore Points to Fix the Error Code 0x800f08a
If you’re creating restore points before every update, then use them to restore your device to the state where it was working fine. Here is what you need to do.
1. Launch the Control panel on your PC by hitting the Win+Pause/Break button on your keyboard.
2. Now from the newly displayed window, select the System Protection tab. And if you’re using Windows 10 version 2004, you can access the System Protection tab under the Settings window’s right column.
3. In the System Protection window, hit the System Restore button and tap on the Next button.
4. A dialog box with a detailed list of available restore points will get appeared on your screen.
5. Now pick the most recent restore point here.
6. Scan it for any errors by clicking on the Scan for affected Programs button.
7. Afterward, wait until the scan process completes. When it ends, tap on the backup/restore point again and press the Next button.
The above simple steps will solve all the issues related to error code 0x800f08a and restore your device to the previous state.
5. Reset Your Device
If none of those mentioned above fixes have worked for you, then resetting your device can even help you resolve the issue. To do this, follow our step-by-step guide.
1. At first, open the Search window from your Taskbar.
2. Type Reset this PC and tap on the Get Started button.
3. In the next window, select the Keep My files button and press the Next button.
4. Finally, press the Reset button.
6. Manually Download the Latest Security Updates
In case the automatic install fails on your device, you can consider downloading them manually using the Microsoft Update Catalogue. Learn how to fix the error code 0x800f08a by manually installing the latest security updates.
1. Launch Official Microsoft Update Catalogue.
2. Now in the search box, type the update package number.
3. Check out for the most recent & compatible version for your device.
4. Tap on the Download button, followed by the .msu link.
5. After that, apply the update by double-clicking on the .msu file.
6. Finally, reboot your device.
Error 0x800f08a On Windows 10 | Fixed & Resolved
These are some workarounds and solutions that might help you tackle the update issues related to the error code 0x800f08a. So follow our troubleshooting guide to get rid of this annoying, bothering problem, and enjoy smooth working. If you’ve any additional questions regarding this matter, please ask me in the comments section below.