Netflix problem number: m7111-1331-5059 or error code: m7111-5059 has recently been reported by several customers, preventing them from streaming Netflix movies and TV episodes online.
If you’re one of the people who gets Netflix error code error code: m7111-1331-5059 or error code: m7111-5059 with a message like “You appear to be using an unblocked or proxy,” you’re not alone. Please disable any of these services and retry.”
Netflix has discovered that you are connecting using a VPN or proxy, as shown by this error notice. And because this is against Netflix’s regulations, your account will be suspended.
What is the solution to Netflix error code m7111-5059 or m7111-1331-5059? Don’t be concerned. After reviewing various blogs on how to fix Netflix streaming issue error code: m7111-5059, I’ve compiled a list of the best ways to get around Netflix error code: m7111-5059.
If you use a VPN or proxy to change your location, you will see this error.
Solution 1: Turn off your computer’s VPN.
If you use a VPN or proxy to alter your location, you may get the Netflix error code: m7111-5059 problem. People use virtual private networks to deceive their ISPs and target websites about their location and network traffic. Netflix, on the other hand, has never supported VPN because the network does not transmit all material to all regions due to copyright issues.
As a result, once Netflix discovered these IP addresses, they were banned, and you received error code: m7111-5059.
If you’re using a VPN to access Netflix, you should turn it off right away. Netflix streaming problem number m7111-5059 should be resolved after disconnecting the VPN.
- Solution 2: Turn off the proxy connection.
- You may get the error code: m7111-5059 if you are using a proxy connection on your computer. Institutes or small ISPs who want to map all Internet traffic to a few IP addresses typically use proxies. Netflix wants to keep track of all computers, so it restricts these helpful individuals who connect using a proxy.
- It is advised that you disable the proxy connection and connect to Netflix over an open network in this instance. If you’re not sure how to disable proxy connections, follow these steps:
- To open the Run dialogue box, press the Windows logo key and the R key on the keyboard. In the Run dialogue box, type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter.
- Step 2: Go to the Connections tab and then to the bottom of the screen to find LAN Settings.
- Step 3: Uncheck the box next to the option to use a proxy server for your LAN.
- Step 4: To complete the update, click Apply and OK.
You may then try to visit Netflix again to see whether the Netflix problem number error code: m7111-5059 has been fixed.
Solution 3: Remove Cookies and Browsing History
Corrupt or outdated browser data on your computer might also cause the error code: m7111-5059 issue. You may try visiting Netflix again after clearing your browser data and cookies.
If you don’t know how to delete all cookies and temporary data in Chrome, Firefox, or Edge, here’s a link to a tutorial:
What is the solution to Netflix M7111 1331?
How can you fix Netflix Error Code m7111-1331-5059?
- When using a VPN to view Netflix, you’ll frequently get the error number m7111-1331-5059, which signifies Netflix has discovered you’re using a proxy or unblocker. Join us as we demonstrate how to avoid this issue and continue watching your Favorited shows uninterrupted.
- If you’ve ever used a virtual private network to access Netflix from another country, you’ve probably run into error code: m7111-5059, which means “you appear to be utilizing an unblocked or proxy.” We’ll show you how to solve this problem in a variety of ways in this post.
- The error code: m7111-5059 error appears when Netflix detects that you are using a VPN while trying to access the streaming service.
- Netflix restricts VPNs due to regional distribution agreements for television series and films.
- ExpressVPN and NordVPN are both excellent options for accessing Netflix.
- The best and easiest option is to sign up for ExpressVPN, our top VPN for Netflix. It has a 30-day money-back guarantee, and if you join up via this link, you’ll get three months free on top of the year-long subscription.
- NordVPN is our second-best selection, with a fantastic three-year plan and the same money-back guarantee.
What Is the Meaning of m7111-1331-5059 Error Code?
The error code: m7111-5059 error basically tells it all: Netflix has identified that you’re accessing the site using a VPN and has refused you access. Netflix is sending you a proxy error because the VPN or proxy you have set is utilizing an IP address that Netflix recognizes as belonging to an unblocker.
We recommend reading our essay on the Netflix VPN restriction to learn why, but in essence, Netflix only broadcasts specific content in certain regions due to licence deals it has established with various distributors.
This means that if you’re in the United States and want to watch The Americans on Netflix in Europe, you’ll need to utilize a VPN. It’s ironic, but there you have it.
How to Resolve the Netflix Error
You may get rid of error code m7111-1331-5059 in one of three ways. The first option is the simplest, although it may not always work: you can simply swap servers using your existing VPN. So instead of using one in New York, go to Boston and use one there (or London to Manchester, or Amsterdam to Rotterdam; you get the idea).
However, some providers just aren’t up to the challenge of breaking through the VPN ban, no matter what they promise, so you may want to give up on them.
Instead, have a look at our list of the best VPNs for streaming, which will offer you access to not only Netflix but also other big providers like Hulu (read our best VPN for Hulu guide, or go straight to our how to watch Hulu with ExpressVPN piece).
As we mentioned earlier (see our ExpressVPN vs NordVPN comparison), ProtonVPN is a good option if you prefer your horses a little darker.
The third solution is to just stop using Netflix in another nation and either view what’s available in your own country or pirate the episode or movie you want to see. While peer-to-peer file sharing isn’t precisely legal, the fragmentation of online material as a result of the streaming battles doesn’t really leave you with much choice, does it?
How Do I Change Servers?
In this post, we’ll take a closer look at the first two alternatives. If you’re interested in torrenting, check out our torrenting archive or the best VPNs for torrenting.
When you wish to get rid of Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059 (or code d’erreur or código de error, as the case may be), the first thing you can do is simply move servers inside your VPN.
This is doable with every VPN we’ve ever tried, from Surfshark to Windscribe, but we’ll teach you how to do it with ExpressVPN because it was installed on our PC.
To begin with, use the ExpressVPN app and connect to Netflix using whatever server you like. We chose a server in New York in this case because we wanted to see what America had to offer.
However, we were shortly confronted with a Netflix site problem, which we were able to resolve, so it’s better than the “we’re having difficulties playing this title right now” statement.
Finding another server and hoping that it works with Netflix is the next step. Fortunately, ExpressVPN has a large number of sites in the United States, so we won’t have to hunt for long. As we said in our ExpressVPN review, switching servers is as simple as clicking on a different server and it will switch instantly.
This time, we got lucky, and the server we chose worked well with Netflix. However, your mileage may vary, so plan on this being a regular habit. Netflix regularly restricts IP addresses, so don’t expect any specific server to function eternally. There is no one-size-fits-all solution for Netflix.
Which VPNs Can Help You Fix Netflix Error m711-1331-5059?
However, by choosing a VPN that has a proven track record of overcoming this streaming problem, you can make your life a lot simpler. We’ve previously mentioned ExpressVPN and NordVPN, both of which are excellent for a variety of reasons, but they’re not the only options.
For example, CyberGhost, Private Internet Access, and VyprVPN all work well to access Netflix from anywhere in the world, and the first two are a little less expensive than our top recommendations. They aren’t nearly as dependable as our top dogs, so expect to spend a little more time switching between servers.
But whatever you do, don’t sign up for just any VPN provider. There are many companies out there who claim to be able to fix streaming difficulties, only to take your money and leave you gazing at a black screen with an error message.
To add insult to injury, some firms, like Avast, will sell your surfing data as well. For additional instances, see our post on the worst free VPNs.
Final Thoughts: Error Code on Netflix
Getting an error notice when attempting to watch Netflix in another country is little more than a minor annoyance; switching servers with a solid VPN should fix most issues. If you’re having trouble finding a working server, most VPNs’ live chat will be able to assist you.
If you’re not sure which service is right for you, read our guide to the top VPN services or, better yet, try them out for yourself by taking advantage of their return policies. ExpressVPN, like virtually all of the others on our list, has a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can test it out risk-free to see whether it gets you into Netflix and if you enjoy it.
We wish you a lot of viewing pleasure, and if you want to learn more about Netflix, check out our post on the top Netflix hacks. Please share your experience with the Netflix ban in the comments section below, and thank you for reading.
You should now be able to repair the Netflix problem number m7111-1331-5059 or error code: m7111-5059 after reading this article. Which strategy is most effective for you? Do you have any better ideas? If you have, please let us know by posting a comment in the section below.