Hey guys! have you opened Task Manager lately on your Windows PC and encountered a weird message related to CTF Loader? If yes, then you’re at the correct place; I will help you resolve the ctf loader issue efficiently & quickly.
CTF (Collaborative Translation Framework) Loader, even addressed as ctfmon.exe, is usually harmless and will not harm your device if fixed in time. Though it stays for long on your device, it can take a toll on your Windows PC’s overall performance and cause the unwanted problem.
If you’re annoyed with the ctf loader in your Task Manager and are wondering for a solution, then you’re at the correct place. Here in this article, I’ll cover some simple yet effective ways to disable it with ease.
Before we learn about the possible solutions to ctf loaders, let’s start by getting a brief understanding of it.
What Is A CTF Loader?
CTF Loader is the short form of Collaborative Translation Framework and is solely responsible for providing text support to various Microsoft programs, including:
1. Handwriting & Voice Recognition.
2. Alternative user input options available on Microsoft Office Software
3. Foreign Languages.
It generally gets active as soon as you start working on an alternate input device and is found in C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\SysWOW64. In some instances, the CTF loader window 10 also starts running on every boot and remains active until closing all the programs related to MS Office.
Moreover, it finds its place in your device’s Task Manager window and can be ignored if it doesn’t interfere with your device’s normal functioning. With time, the CTF loader will result in high CPU usage, hog your device resources, and require corrective measures.
Apart from this, it would be best if you also looked out for programs that are not dependent on CTF loaders. So, in such scenarios, there are high chances that your PC is infected with a virus masquerading itself as ctfmon.exe.
Why Does the CTF Loader Error Appear?
There are various factors why you could encounter a error message. Here are some of the responsible causes for it.
1. The CTF loader probably conflicts with the Microsoft office resulting in a bug.
2. It may even result due to errors in language & input packs.
3. Improper installation of Microsoft Office can result in an error.
4. Besides, you may even encounter it due to the presence of hidden viruses or malware in your Windows device.
Is CTF Loader A Virus?
CTF Loader is not a virus; it’s a legitimate program that supports handwriting & voice recognition for Microsoft Programs. Though, there are high chances that you could come across a virus mimicking as a legitimate program.
How To Fix CTF Loader Issues On Your Windows PC?
If you’re annoyed with the program running in your Task Manager, here are some simple fixes that will assist you in disabling CTF Loader.
1. Disable CTF Loader On Your Windows 10 PC
This technique will help you disable the CTF loader and enhance the overall performance of your device. Here is how you can do it.
1. On your desktop, right-tap on the PC icon.
2. Next, from the Context Menu, choose the Manage option.
3. Afterward, from the left-hand panel of the Computer Management screen, choose the Services and Apps option.
4. Then, search for the Services tab, and from the displayed list, choose Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Services.
5. Right-tap on it.
6. Now from the drop-down menu, select Properties.
7. Under the Startup tab, select the Disabled tab and choose the Stop button under the Service Status option.
8. At last, hit the OK button to confirm your action.
2. Control And Disable CTF Loader By Using Task Scheduler
It is another option that can help you counter problems on your Windows device.
1. Launch the RUN box by jointly pressing the Windows+R key on your keyboard.
2. After that, in the RUN box, type msc and press enter or press the OK button.
3. The Task Scheduler Window will now get launched on your device.
4. Afterward, expand the Task Scheduler Library, followed by the Microsoft option and Windows folder.
5. From the right-hand panel, choose the TextServiceFramework button.
6. Then opt for MsCtfMonitor and hit the Disable button from the right-hand panel.
In most cases, the methods mentioned above can resolve and ctf loader disable, but if you’re still facing issues, you can try fix number 3.
3. Disable CTF Loader By Removing Executable Files
If you’re frequently encountering ctfmon.exe, then this is one method the security experts highly advocate.
1. From File Explorer, open your Local Disk C and expand the Windows folder.
2. Now search for SysWOW64 and System32 folders resembling 32 & 64 bit systems and open them.
3. In the Search bar, type exe.
4. After that, from the rundown of listed options, delete CTF loader related files.
CTF Loader Problem in Windows 10 | Resolved
After reading this guide, I sincerely hope you’ll solve the ctf loader issue in your Task Manager. Additionally, I recommend you update your Windows computer regularly and frequently scan it for malicious viruses and malware.
If you find this post useful, do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter for more tech-related blogs and news updates.