The fan is handy to keep your computer cool or reduce the irritating noise like a wind tunnel. And adjusting your system’s fan speeds helps you keep your system cool when it’s working hard.
Well changing computer fan speeds can be done manually and automatically. But there’s nothing like the automatic PC fan controller or change computer fan speeds. It quietly ramps up the fans when the system gets hot & turn them down when the system performs.
Also, you can change or control fan speeds manually, but the process is a little tricky. You are required to connect a manual fan controller to your Windows system with knobs, which will set fans to different speeds.
It is perfect to go for the automatic option through software to control the computer’s fan speed. The automatic computer fan speed controller software monitors temperatures from abundant sources and enables you to modify your machine’s fan speeds when needed. There are many programs available that works for you to change the speed of your computer fan. But choosing the best and the right one is difficult as there are varieties of options available in the market.
So, to help you out, in this post, learn the top-notch PC fan speed controller software compatible with your Windows system, including the newest Windows 10 OS. Learn the complete info from the price and features to make a better decision.
List of Top PC Fan Speed Control Software:
Open Hardware Monitor
Thinkpad Fan Controller (TPFanControl)
SpeedFan is an excellent potent tool. This fan controller program monitors temperatures, voltages, and fan speeds in the system with the hardware monitors chip. Furthermore, this PC fan speed controller software comes with different exciting features; here, learn about them:
1. SpeedFan monitors PC temperature from different sources.
2. Access digital temperature sensors and also adjust fan speeds, and hence reduce noise
3. It can access S.M.A.R.T. info & display hard disk performance.
Supports SCSI disks.
4. In the system, the tray displays the system variables as charts and an indicator.
5. It can manage various hardware monitors chips, temperature readings, hard disks, fan speed readings, voltage readings, PWMs, etc.
6. Compatible with Windows 9x, NT, ME, 2000, 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, 2008, Windows 8, Windows 10, & Windows Server 2012.
7. Also compatible with Windows 64 bit too.
These are the fantastic features of the SpeedFan software to change the fan speed on Windows PCs. You have to properly configure this program so that you can modify fan speeds based on system temperatures.
- Free utility
- Perfectly organized & clear interface
- Send email notices
- Highly customizable
- Some functions not working
- Not for the newbies.
You can also check out more details about the program and download the software on the official site visit: SpeedFan Software Fan Controller.
2: Open Hardware Monitor
It is another robust software to change fan speed Windows 10. It’s a free open source program that controls fan speeds and manages temperature sensors, load, voltages, & clock speeds of a Windows PC/laptop. This computer fan speed controller software has many unique features; here, learn some of the best ones.
1. Supports most of the latest hardware monitoring chips
2. And monitored values are displayed in the main window in a customizable desktop or the system tray.
3. Also, examine CPU temperature by reading the core temperature sensors of Intel & AMD processors.
4. Display the Nvidia and ATI video cards sensors
5. Access S.M.A.R.T. hard drive temperature.
6. Run both on 32-bit & 64-bit
7. Compatible with Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 8 / 7 / 8.1 / 10 & any x86 based Linux OS without installation.
These more alike the SpeedFan controller software and even a tough competitor. Now learn the Pros & cons of this fan control software.
- Freeware program
- Highly customizable
- Organized & clear interface
- Not for the average computer users
- Minor errors in the beta release
It is all about the Open Hardware Monitor; you can learn more details on its official website and download it more there: Open Hardware Monitor.
3: NoteBook FanControl
NoteBook FanControl software provides users the capability to control the computer’s fan speed. It is specifically designed with the user’s friendly interface since, after the installation, it incorporates with the PC’s taskbar. Besides, after launching it for the first time, you can see it comes with a straightforward UI so that new beginners can manage it. To check out whether this fan speed control Windows 10 tool supports your laptop or not, merely visit the GitHub official page.
Check out the vital features included in NoteBook FanControl software.
1. This PC fan controller software offers real-time CPU temperature reading and the current fan speed.
2. Allow controlling the fan speeds through a simple slider situated in the middle part of the main menu.
3. This software fan controller permits enabling & disabling the fan control service.
4. Enable automatically launching the program at system startup.
5. Easy to use and compatible with Windows 7, 8 & Windows 10 as well.
These are some of this software’s incredible functionality to change or control fan speeds on a PC/laptop. It also enables the users to select numerous configurations as per your Notebook model & maker.
- Free utility
- Compatible with all laptop brands
Fixed & controlled integration
The NoteBook FanControl is worthy software to control the fan speed on laptop/PC and download it, visit – Download NoteBook FanControl.
4: HW Monitor
It is a free fan speed monitor program for Windows. The HW Monitor has trusted hardware monitoring & PC fan speeds controller software. So let dig out the top features of HW Monitor software to control the fan.
1. Monitor real-time speed of CPU fan and at least 3 cabinet fans
2. It also tracks the minimum & maximum recorded fan speed of both CPU and cabinet fans on its UI.
3. Monitor Processor’s voltage, Motherboard voltage, processor temperature (both in Celsius & Fahrenheit), HDD & GPU temperature, System power usage in watts, and others
4. Entire interface data can be saved in a TXT file.
5. Holds the common sensor chips, such as ITE® IT87 series, most Winbond® ICs, etc.
6. Simple and easy-to-use interface.
7. Available for both 32 & 64-bit version
8. Compatible with other and the latest Windows 10 version
This CPU fan speed control software is also robust and provides various features to change or control the fan’s speed on the computer and the CPU. Now learn the pros and cons:
- Freeware program
- Precise and well-organized software
- Small & speedy
- Update data immediately
- Supports new hardware
- Offers no alerts, you’ve to supervise things, yourself
The HWMonitor fan control software is not a very exciting or attractive program but delivers the promised features.
You can learn more about it & download it also from the official website. Visit: HWMonitor Fan Control Software
5: ZOTAC FireStorm
It is another best freeware fan speed monitor software available for Windows OS. It does not contain many bells and whistles like other software but good enough to turn up fan speed on a computer.
Here are some of the interesting ZOTAC FireStorm features:
1. Graphic card modification utility
2. Monitor & control fan speed of Nvidia Graphics card
3. Also, help you control GPU clock speed, shader clock speed, memory clock speed, and VDDC values from its Clock section.
4. You can watch immediate fan speed and modify fan speed with ease.
5. Offer a dedicated Monitoring section to view real-time clock speed, fan speeds, temperature, etc.
6. Supports Windows 8/7/10
This laptop fan speed control Windows 10 software is a good fan speed monitor. Plus, have some drawbacks do what it promises.
- Freeware software
- Easy to understand & latest UI
- Display overclocking
- Unable to monitor CPU fans
- Disability to examine other companies graphics card except for Nvidia
- Having minor errors or bugs
If you’re willing to know more and download the ZOTAC FireStorm PC fan speed controller software than visit the official website: ZOTAC FireStorm
6: Argus Monitor
The Argus Monitor is a reliable and light program to change or control fan speeds. It runs in the background and control fan speeds, and monitors hard disk health.
Here learn the incredible features of Argus Monitor software to change the fan speed on Windows PCs:
1. Control fan speed for mainboard & GPU based on entire available temperature sources
2. Also, monitor HDD temperature and the health status by checking the S.M.A.R.T. attributes.
3. It provides a graphical display of hard drives temperature.
4. Show the system’s fan speeds and enable controlling the speed smoothly.
5. Comes with a graphical display of GPU & CPU temperature
6. Quickly inform you of the possibility of up to 70 percent before the hard drive fails so that users can save their crucial data.
7. HDD & SSD benchmarks to process access time and transfer rates
8. Provide a graphical display of core frequency and also allow checking the power management is working correctly.
9. Supports all Windows versions 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 as well.
These are the best Argus Monitor PC fan controller software features, now learn the pros & cons of this software.
- User-friendly interface
- Allow monitoring the CPU & GPU temperature
- Notifies the issues via emails
- Unable to resize or customize the UI
- Won’t work if the hardware components are not having a built-in temperature sensor
- Only 30 days trial period
This program is merely available for 30 days, and if looking to continue to use it, it requires buying the license key.
To know more info about the software and also download the PC fan speeds controller program, head to – Argus Monitor’s Official Website.
HWiNFO fan control is also a top freeware software for Windows. This useful software enables you to do various tasks rather than changing fan speeds on a computer and is pretty fantastic.
Learn several top features of HWiNFO PC fan controller software:
1. It is a convenient software that enables adjusting immediate CPU & cabinet fan speeds.
2. With this, you can monitor different system components such as CPU, motherboard, HDD temperature, CPU and GPU usage, Core clock, RAM usage, CPU package power, GPU power, and more.
3. Additionally, provide each info about system CPU and GPU code names, CPU turbo frequency, BIOS information, RAM type, Sensor info, etc.
4. Store a full report containing complete values of different parameters in a CSV file
5. Supports the latest technologies and standards.
6. Works with both 32-bit & 64 bit Windows
7. Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7/8/10
These are some of the incredible features of the HWiNFO fan control software.
- The customizable UI provides plenty of options
- Is free utility
- Provides several reports types, system monitoring using 3rd party add-ons or other tools.
- Portable version is offered
- Report generation provide blank details for deselected items
- Limited & controlled integration
- Provides limited details than the similar programs
If you’re willing to learn more about and also download the Windows 10 fan control software, then visit the official site: HWiNFO Fan Control Software.
8: EasyTune 5
EasyTune 5 is Gigabyte software designed with an easy-to-use interface. It enables the Windows-based users to fine-tune their system settings or manage & enhance the system, voltages, and memory clocks in the Windows OS.
EasyTune5 by Gigabyte incorporates various unique features here; learn about them:
1. It comes with Smart-Fan control to manage the fan speed of CPU & North-Bridge Chipset cooling fan.
2. Provide monitoring system status to verify PC health.
3. Offer to overclock to improve and enhance the system’s performance.
4. EasyTune5 advanced mode allows you to access entire overclocking parameter settings feature like configure the M.I.B. & C.I.A. features.
5. Enable the users to switch different modes by choosing between Easy Mode & Advanced Mode.
6. Supports all Windows version
Moreover, this change in computer fan speeds software is pretty good and free from flaws. If you’re looking for how to change CPU fan speed without bios, you can go for this freeware software to control your PC’s fan speed.
- Freeware program
- Allow monitoring system status
- Control CPU fan speed and North-Bridge Chipset cooling fan
- Easy to understand UI
Limited & strict integration
It allows configuring the CPU cooling fan speed as per different temperatures at different RPM and suggests setting at full speed at 60oC.
Learn more features and also download the PC fan control software; visit the official
site: EasyTune 5 by Gigabyte.
9: Corsair Link
Corsair Link PC fan controller software is also an excellent free utility for Windows OS. This effective fan speed monitor comes with a gaming-oriented interface.
So let dig out some fantastic features of the Corsair Link, software fan controller.
1. Along with the fan speed monitor, it also shows real-time CPU fan speed with CPU and GPU temperature, voltage, load, DRAM frequency.
2. It can also configure warning notification of the CPU/GPU temperature and Fan speed fluctuation.
3. Provides complete control over fans, compatible Corsair power supplies, lighting & Hydro Series liquid CPU coolers work for cooling & performance.
4. Also, come with a gaming-oriented UI.
5. Supports the latest hardware & all Windows OS including Windows 10
These are some of its best characteristics; this change PC fan speeds software is worth using and helps you prevent PC errors.
- Freeware utility
- Automatically adjust cooling
- Not very user-friendly
- Compatibility issues with Windows 10
Looking to know more detail about the software and download it, visit: Corsair Link official website
10: Thinkpad Fan Controller (TPFanControl)
This best free utility is working to reduce the fan noise in the notebooks. So, let’s take a glance at the best TPFanControl features & know-how worthy it is:
1. Monitor CPU & GPU temperatures by running in the background
2. Adjust fan speeds for perfect cooling
3. Show the notification icon of the CPU & GPU temperature.
4. Control the system and also CPU fan speeds by spinning up the fan merely to keep the temperature low
5. Supports 32-bit and 64-bit Windows and all Windows operating system
Well, it is found that after installing this software, it works dramatically.
- Freeware utility
- Display alerts in the notification tray
- Control fan noise
- Not for the beginners
- Causes overheating
- Not working with new models
- Limited & strict UI
To know more about the computer fan controlling software, visit the official website, and learn how it works on your Windows system: Download TPFanControl.
So, these are the top-rated 10 tools to control or change the fan’s speed of your Windows PC or laptop system.
Dear Readers, I tried my best to list down the freeware and effective programs. Learn the top features, pros, and cons based on the user’s review and get the best one that perfectly suits your needs.
I hope the article’s information works for you and helps you solve your PC’s fan questions. If you’re having any issue, the suggestion that writes us in the comment section below.