Best VPN Reddit For Users: If you’re thinking about using a VPN, read what Reddit users have to say about them. This article examines the best VPNs Reddit users have recommended this year. Today, we’ll talk about VPNs, especially the best VPN Reddit users recommend. When it comes to honest product and service evaluations, Reddit is one of the first sites that comes to mind.
This social media platform has evolved into a place where individuals from all walks of life may share their personal perspectives on various topics, such as products and services. If you’re thinking about using a VPN, read what Reddit users have to say about them
This article is a list of the best VPNs recommended by Reddit users so far this year.
What are the best VPN Reddit users recommend in 2022?
Here is our list of the best VPNs Reddit users have recommended as the fastest, cheapest, and most safe in 2022, based on a thorough poll on the platform.
- NordVPN is the winner!
- A Private Internet Connection (PIA)
- IP Shield
- VPN Proton
- The Shield Against Hotspots
- VPN Mullvad
- On Reddit, NordVPN is the most popular VPN. This is because of their excellent security features and low cost.
- It is a Panama-based VPN service that began in 2012 and now has thousands of customers and servers all around the world.
- Although NordVPN boasts several unique features, one of the most notable is its military-grade encryption.
- This Virtual Private Network employs 256-bit encryption to give an additional degree of security for your data as it travels to its servers.
- If you reside in a nation where the 14-eyes alliance applies, this type of encryption not only protects you from snoopers but also from your ISP and the 14-eyes monitoring.
- While your data is protected from third parties, you should ensure that your best VPN Reddit provider is not retaining your records in order to sell or lose them to a third party in the future.
- NordVPN follows a strong no-log policy in this regard. As a result, no record of your online actions is preserved.
- The best VPN Reddit is well-known for providing customers with not just online privacy but also a safe and comfortable experience by blocking unwanted advertisements.
- NordVPN is popular among users because of its fast servers, in addition to its excellent security.
- There are over 5530 servers located throughout 59 countries, all of which are well-maintained to offer you the service you want.
- Customers have a range of alternatives to pick from because of the locations of these servers, making NordVPN another favorite for circumventing geo-restrictions.
- If you’re a regular user of streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, and others, it might be aggravating when some material is unavailable due to your region.
- Users can get around these limits by connecting to a server in a region where these items are available, allowing them to get more out of their streaming services.
- Apart from the aforementioned capabilities, NordVPN also offers bespoke apps for several platforms, but no router app.
- There are several plans and subscriptions available, as well as great customer service, a 30-day money-back guarantee, and kill switches.
- If you want to best VPN Reddit use recommend but are concerned about the pricing or privacy policies of the ones available, SurfShark is one of the best options.
- Reddit users consider this virtual private network to be one of the most inexpensive best VPNs Reddit provides services to the user, with a monthly membership starting at $2.9 per month.
- Despite this, they provide top-tier security features such as military-grade encryption, leak prevention, no-log policy, kill switch, and CleanWeb.
- The military-grade encryption protects your data from third parties such as your ISP, who had access to it before you used a VPN.
- Despite their high-tech gear, your connection is also safeguarded from hackers and the intelligence agencies of the five, nine, or fourteen-eyed countries.
- The CleanWeb function safeguards you against phishing scams, malware, and other online risks.
- The WireGuard protocol is another remarkable feature of SurfShark. This is a cutting-edge best VPN Reddit solution that includes a number of security features.
- Apart from that, SurfShark is a customer-focused corporation.
- It has excellent customer service and a seven-day free trial for Android, Mac, and iOS users. A 30-day money-back guarantee is also included.
- ExpressVPN was regarded as one of the fastest VPNs suggested by Reddit users, hence the mon
- The best VPN Reddit recommends is the result of a firm named Express VPN International LTD., which operates over 3300 servers throughout the world.
- This Virtual Private Network has been a go-to for streaming, gaming, torrenting, and anonymous online browsing due to its amazing capabilities.
- If you enjoy sports, our VPN service can provide you with limitless access to sports websites that may not otherwise be available in your country.
- Furthermore, ExpressVPN prioritizes the security of its consumers. They can protect their consumers’ privacy by using military-grade encryption and split tunneling technologies.
- You may pick which traffic should be transmitted over the VPN using split tunneling technology. That is, you can opt-out of the VPN’s security for particular online activities.
- ExpressVPN is especially popular among Reddit users due to its compatibility with a wide range of devices and operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS, Android, Linux, iOS, and routers.
- You may also check in with the same account on five other devices at the same time.
- In addition, ExpressVPN provides 24/7 customer support, a 30-day money-back guarantee, and incredible torrenting speeds.
- Despite all of these great features, it does not have a kill switch for iOS users.
- Private Internet Access (PIA) has been operating for a while and has earned the confidence and devotion of its customers as a firm that cares about their online privacy. As a result, they have a wide user base throughout the globe.
- PIA offers a global network of approximately 16,000 well-maintained and high-performing servers.
- PIA adds extra originality to its services by allowing customers to configure their VPN settings depending on speed, protection, security, and a no-login option, which many other best VPN Reddit users adore.
- In addition, PIA has a reasonable fee and allows up to 10 devices to be linked to a single account.
- Users of Private Internet Access get access to cutting-edge data encryption technology as well as DNS leak prevention.
6. IP Vanish
- IP Vanish has improved its security features after Stackpath purchased it in 2017, making it one of the best VPN recommended services on the market.
- It features a “no-log” policy, which means that your web activity isn’t saved.
- Its 256-bit encryption, together with DNS leak prevention, safeguards your data from prying eyes, which is especially important while using public wifi. This VPN also offers an unrestricted peer-to-peer connection.
- When it comes to your internet privacy, there are many murky areas today. While you may be safeguarding your information from prying eyes, your ISP has access to it as well.
- A robust VPN service like IP Vanish is essential to properly safeguard your data from everyone else, including your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Apart from its outstanding security features, IP Vanish also aims for excellence in server speed and performance.
- They have more than 40,000 servers all around the world. This allows users to choose their preferred browsing location and, as a result, avoid geographical limitations on certain websites.
- Users may also enjoy up to 10 simultaneous connections, 250GB of cloud storage, 24/7 customer support, quick credit card or PayPal payment, and unrestricted access to content on Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime, and other services.
- Ip Vanish supports Android and iOS devices, as well as Windows, macOS, and Linux operating systems.It’s also recognized as one of the best VPNs for Kodi and Firestick.
- CyberGhost is another VPN that Reddit users recommend, especially for people who are new to virtual private networks. But CyberGhost offers a lot of cool capabilities, but it’s best known for its user-friendly interface.
- CyberGhost has over 10 million subscribers from all over the world, and its well-maintained servers can be found in over 90 countries.
- CyberGhost is a wonderful place to start if you’re concerned about your online privacy. It has a WireGuard system, which is a contemporary VPN protocol with advanced security features.
- It will let your device connect to HTTPS sites, ensuring that your connection remains safe at all times.
- When a website does not provide an HTTPS version, CyberGhost takes additional security precautions to protect you from the risks that come with connecting to an insecure site.
- The best VPN Reddit recommends is also suitable for torrenting and streaming. You may get more from streaming applications and some gaming websites with this Virtual Private Network.
- You also receive a 24/7 customer service line, a customizable app, and a 45-day money-back guarantee.
8. VPN Proton
- The best VPN Reddit provider, situated in Switzerland, has grown in popularity among those seeking internet anonymity.
- Its millibars-style encryption and ability to bypass geo-restriction actions on websites are highly recommended by Reddit users.
- Despite the fact that this VPN, which Reddit loves to upvote, only has approximately a thousand servers in 54 countries, it owns and maintains its infrastructure.
- As a result, the chances of your data falling into the wrong hands during the maintenance procedure are reduced. It’s also a popular pick among Reddit members.
- ProtonVPN provides four different subscription options, ranging from 4 to 24 euros. You may select the one that best matches your requirements while remaining within your budget.
- ProtonVPN has a number of security measures, including DNS leak protection and a kill switch.
- The speed and functionality of this Virtual Private Network are equally excellent. Many Reddit users think that the site’s servers are located in an abandoned military bunker roughly 1000 meters beneath the Swiss Alps.
- ProtonVPN includes limitless bandwidth and allows you to connect up to 10 devices, in addition to the capabilities listed above.
- It’s also compatible with iOS, Android, Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows. Like any other decent VPN service, ProtonVPN uses the industry-standard IKEv2 and OpenVPN protocols.
9. Hotspot Shield
- Anchorfree, Inc. launched Hotspot Shield in 2019 and has since grown to become a client favorite.
- During the Arab Spring protests, this VPN proved critical for getting around government censorship in nations like Egypt, Libya, and Tunisia.
- The best VPN Reddit’s recommended service proves that you don’t have to break the bank to enjoy true online anonymity since it provides customers with both a free and reasonable subscription plan.
- As a result, it has gained popularity among Reddit users. As a result, as a new The best VPN Reddit’s recommended customer, you may start your online privacy adventure with a free service.
- However, you won’t be able to use the best security features until you subscribe to the premium subscription.
- You may connect up to five devices to the premium account, and you’ll have access to 1800+ servers all around the world. You’ll also receive an ad-free app and protection against malware and phishing scams.
- The Hotspot Shield was originally only available for Android and macOS, but it now supports a wide range of devices and operating systems, including iOS, Windows Phone, routers, TV streamers, and Linux.
10. VPN Mullvad
- This VPN Reddit user frequently appears at the top of the list. It is popular among Reddit users since it works with Windows, macOS, Debian, and Fedora machines.
- Mullvad provides 256-bit encryption, a no-log policy, and contemporary VPN technology, as should any solid VPN.
- Mullvad VPN provides you with a high level of online privacy, which is evident even throughout the enrollment procedure.
- When you sign up for this VPN service, you are given a registration number rather than your name and email address.
- They also take cash payments from people who want to keep their identities hidden. Mullvad VPN, on the other hand, offers various payment methods such as PayPal, Swish, credit cards, and bank transfers.
- You may get a three-hour free trial of this VPN before paying for it. All of its subscription options come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- TunnelBear: If you’re new to using VPNs, TunnelBear is a good place to start. It’s a secure and simple-to-use virtual private network.
- It also provides extensions for common browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.
- When you sign up for TunnelBear, you have the option of choosing between the free version, which functions more like a trial version, and the premium one.
- You may connect up to five devices with the premium version. You’ll also get easier access to blocked websites and streaming services like YouTube and Hulu.
- Other services, such as Netflix and BBC iPlayer, may not provide you with as much value. TunnelBear VPN also provides you access to over 1000 servers in around 23 different countries.
What Makes a VPN Effective?
- Now that we’ve compiled a list of the best VPNs that Reddit users adore, it’s important to remember that particular factors decide whether or not a The best VPN Reddit recommends is good for you.
- Above all, a VPN cannot be considered the best if it does not fit your unique requirements.
- The following are some of the characteristics that an “excellent” virtual private network must possess.
Enough server locations to
- One of the functions of a VPN is to enable anonymous internet browsing. This is accomplished by disguising your IP address and allowing you to access the web using the IP address of the VPN’s server.
- This gives the impression that you are surfing from the server’s location. This is useful for getting around geographical limitations on a website.
- You simply need to connect to a server in a nation where the website is accessible without restriction.
- People also utilize this strategy to gain more from their streaming services, such as Netflix, because some content is only available in specific regions.
- For the reasons stated above, a VPN must have enough servers in various locations throughout the world to provide users with a range of alternatives.
- There would be limited alternatives for consumers to pick from if a VPN service had few servers or a large concentration of servers in a specific location.
- When the number of users outweighs the capacity of the servers, this might lead to poor performance.
- Overall, you should remember that a decent and The best VPN Reddit service will have a healthy dispersion of servers throughout the globe to provide you with a better experience.
Different platforms are supported.
- Another factor that determines if a Virtual Private Network is ideal for you is its availability on many platforms.
- There are several computer and internet devices on the market nowadays, so it only makes sense for a decent VPN provider to make its services compatible with them.
- VPN services should be compatible with a variety of operating systems.
- While it is common for a virtual private network provider to provide client software for Windows PCs, users of other operating systems may be excluded from the benefits.
- As a result, it’s critical to think about your operating system and devices when selecting a VPN provider.
- Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS are the usual platforms that a VPN should support.
- Some VPN services, such as ExpressVPN, go above and beyond by supporting Blackberries, ebook readers, Windows phones, and other platforms.
The no-log policy is strictly enforced.
- Another thing that any reputable VPN service does is provide you with complete online privacy, which includes not retaining your logs.
- Before committing to the best VPN Reddit recommends is ExpressVPN. You should check out their logging policy.
- When it comes to this policy, VPN providers differ from one another.
- While some companies have a rigorous no-log policy (which includes your browser history, connection time stamp, and other web activity), others may retain your data for months before deleting it.
- The disadvantage of the latter is that, if necessary, this information may be supplied to the government.
- Some counterfeit VPN providers may even go so far as to sell your information to a third party who may profit from it. The best VPN Reddit recommends is good for you.
A Kill Switch Is Included.
- A Virtual Private Network’s function is to send your data from your devices to the VPN’s server over an encrypted tunnel.
- This allows you to access the internet using the IP address of the server’s location, giving you the privacy you need to browse the internet.
- When there is an interruption in the connection, however, your device reverts to the IP address assigned by your ISP.
- Your VPN must include a kill switch option to protect your identity and data from being exposed during this brief period of disconnection.
- This function allows you to pause data flow until the connection is re-established.
- Although not all VPNs offer a kill switch, you must pick one that does for maximum protection.
OpenVPN is supported.
- The first and most important reason to use a VPN is to keep your data secret when browsing the web.
- As previously stated, your data was sent from your device to the VPN company’s server over an encrypted tunnel.
- Different protocols, including the OpenVPN Protocol, were used to guarantee that data encryption was feasible.
- Since its inception, this is a contemporary VPN technology that has grown in popularity.
- It is now considered one of the most widely used protocols. Because it produces very secure encryption, this VPN technology is also a factor in selection.
DNS anonymous servers
- Anonymous DNS servers are another feature that any effective VPN should have. The DNS (Domain Name System) is in charge of translating the URL address you entered into an IP address.
- This address is then used by the web to direct traffic to the internet user. Your ISP normally does this translation from URL to IP address automatically, which may endanger your privacy.
- For the protection of your privacy, you should use a VPN service with an anonymous DNS server in this case.
- You should be aware that impressing Reddit users with VPN services is difficult.
- However, this list of the best VPNs for Reddit users has demonstrated exceptional features and performance.
- The speed, cost, security, and accessibility of these Virtual Private Networks were all factors in their selection.
- If you’re unsure which of these virtual private networks is best for you, consider your needs and budget before making your decision.